Finding good people doing good things and showcasing them. That’s what my blog is turning to. Last month I met a remarkable couple doing wonderful things for children and their parents. So turn away from the bad news on CNN for a moment and read about their story.
Brian and Bonnie Hershey are dedicating their lives to improving the lives of children in remarkably compatible ways. Spiritually and socially, they have served military teens and their families in Germany and Italy. Now they’re back in the States for Brian to pursue a Th.M. (Master of Theology degree) at Dallas Theological Seminary. After graduation in May 2014, they are looking forward to going back overseas to continue serving military youth through Youth For Christ: Military Youth Ministry and Club Beyond. Meanwhile, Bonnie spearheads a business from her home to help parents find solutions to their childrens’ health problems through good nutrition. She invites people to check out her approach with some skepticism because there are a lot of “flaky” sales people out there. She’s very confident of the trustworthiness of her product and training. I’m inclined to agree with her confidence.
Here’s the point.
- Many health issues today are the result of poor diet, nutrition and exercise (40% of calories consumed by kids today are devoid of nutrients, and high in fat & sugar)
- When the body gets the key nutrients it needs, it has a remarkable way of healing itself.
- Her goal is to become a worldwide solutions provider for parents looking for natural solutions to common health problems.
- On her website, parents will find dozens of helpful articles and resources on kids nutrition, healthy recipes, and gain access to a unique three-step process toward optimal health.
Check her out.
- Click on this link to Proven Nutrition for Kids and read what Bonnie says about Nutrition and Health.
- Click on this link to her free E-book, “The Six Great Lies of the American Diet”
- Click on this link to register for her free cooking classes for kids in the North Dallas area in her home kitchen.
There’s nothing selfish about this couple. They are devoted to the Lord God with a strong personal faith and are devoting their lives to improving the health and well being of kids around the world. Meanwhile, Brian writes a blog called “Right Lane Reflections.” You see, Brian is a part-time truck driver and school bus driver. Both the cab of his truck and his blog provide opportunities to reflect on life.
These are people you would do well to get to know. Simply meeting them and listening to what they have to say will enrich you. Check them out. If you would like to support the work that Brian and Bonnie are doing to impact the lives of young people, click here. They would greatly appreciate your financial and prayer support during this season of professional development!
By the way, they have three very healthy children of their own.